There’s good news for the 54% of Americans who enjoy a cup of coffee — or two, especially with extra virgin coconut oil! A study published by the Harvard School of Public Health suggests moderate consumption (defined as 3 to 5 cups a day) decreases your likelihood of dying from a variety of serious illnesses. Even suicide risk decreases among coffee drinkers. Data from three different 30-year old studies was tracked, and researchers found a pattern that related directly to how much coffee study participants drank in a day. In both caffeinated and non-caffeinated types, coffee reduced systemic inflammation. Inflammation is a major factor in many health conditions.
This most recent study is one more in a series studying the effects of coffee. Most of the results have been surprisingly positive. A decade ago, researchers from Harvard found that coffee didn’t have a negative effect on blood pressure. Just a few years later, a study that followed over one million participants found that coffee can actually protect heart health. Drink up!
What Else Can a Cup of Coffee Do?
- Long-term coffee drinkers may be at lower risk for Type 2 diabetes than their tea-swilling counterparts
- Enjoying a cup of coffee on a regular basis could lower the progression of liver cancer and cirrhosis
- Drinking caffeinated coffee may prevent symptomatic gallbladder disease
- Men who are regular coffee drinkers may be at lower risk for certain forms of prostate cancer
- Drinking coffee makes you appear more interesting—okay, that one might just be our opinion
Bulletproof Coffee with a Hint of Extra Virgin Coconut Oil
Fantastic news, you’re thinking, but could it get better? As a matter of fact, it could. By now everyone has heard of, and maybe even tried, some version of “bulletproof” coffee. Bulletproof Coffee (notice the proper-noun status) is a branded coffee drink that combines a proprietary bean blend with grass-fed butter and other ingredients. The hype behind Bulletproof Coffee is that it will boost your brain function, give you energy for hours and satisfy the coffee lover in you like he or she has never been satisfied before. Maybe so, maybe not.
What we do know is that adding unrefined organic extra virgin coconut oil to your coffee will enhance the already pretty amazing health benefits of your morning cup. Adding just two teaspoons of it to your daily diet can help with weight loss success. In addition, the health benefits of organic extra virgin coconut oil are similar to those of coffee. It may also help prevent heart disease and fight Type 2 diabetes.
What are you waiting for? Make a delicious, fortified mug of health juice in three easy steps.
- Brew robust coffee from freshly ground beans. Don’t skimp on the quality of your coffee. Remember, this is for your health after all.
- Add 1 teaspoon extra virgin coconut oil to 1 cup of brewed coffee.
- Use a small immersion mixer to quickly blend the organic extra virgin coconut oil into the coffee. Believe us, blending is key.
Oh yes, there is a fourth step—enjoy.