Among the thousands of coconut oil recipes out there, this is one of our favorites. Aside from the fact that it involves the use of only 3 ingredients (yes, three ingredients!), it is also very easy to make. No wonder why everyone in the family loves it! Our obsession for this recipe started with an odd craving for biscuits. And because there was a bag of flour at home, as well as some milk and coconut oil, the experimentation began. Luckily, everything turned out well. Here’s the recipe:
- ¼ cup Coco Treasure Organic Coconut Oil not melted
- ¾ cup milk refrigerated milk is fine
- 2 cups self-rising flour
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- In a mixing bowl, mix the self-rising flour and coconut oil. A pastry cutter can be used to cut the break down the solid oil into the flour. Do it until you achieve a fine crumb-like mixture.
- Slowly stir in the milk until you form a soft dough that does not stick to the sides.
- Knead the dough to combine the ingredients. Be careful not to overdo it.
- Dust a cutting board with flour. Gently roll the dough into it until you achieve a ½ inch thickness.
- A biscuit cutter can be used to cut out the dough.
- Transfer the pieces into a baking sheet and bake for at least 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and serve.
These irresistible and flaky biscuits are best eaten in the morning and paired with a hot cup of tea. Ten minutes for the preparation and 10 minutes for baking. Voila! You have some delightful pieces of biscuits you might want to devour in minutes. The secret to such goodness? The 3 ingredients. Let us know how your culinary adventure went. Share photos or drop your thoughts in the comment section below.