Craving for chocolates but your diet is preventing you from eating such? These easy Chocolate Coconut Macaroons might just satisfy your cravings. All you need to do is melt the chocolates, mix the rest of the ingredients, and bake. You’ll then enjoy these delightful treats!
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- ¾ cup Coco Treasure Organic Coconut Sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 ½ cups sweetened coconut flakes
- 3 large egg whites
- 4 oz. semisweet chocolate chopped
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit. And then, line two baking sheets with a parchment paper.
- In a mixing bowl, place the chopped chocolates. Put over simmering water to melt. Set aside.
- In another bowl, whisk together the sugar, cocoa powder, salt, vanilla extract, and egg whites. Add the melted chocolate and the coconut flakes. Make sure the coconut is evenly coated. If you feel that the mixture seems too soft, chill for 30 minutes.
- Scoop a tablespoon of the dough and arrange on the lined baking sheet. Make sure they are at least several inches apart.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Let cool on the baking sheet before transferring on a cooling rack.
For an added crisp, add some chopped walnuts. But if you want it chewy, raisins will suffice. Of course, we won’t end there. Here’s another similar recipe that is sure to please your taste buds – Coconut Macaroons.