Flatbread is delicious and versatile. Use it to accompany a hearty soup, as an alternative pizza crust, to make a sandwich, make a breakfast burrito or for a snack with hummus and vegetable sticks. This coconut flatbread is especially tasty and unique with the addition of unsweetened shredded coconut. It will perfectly complement any curry or coconut-milk based dish.
- 1 cup all-purpose white flour
- 2 teaspoons Greek yogurt
- ¼ teaspoon fine sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons Coco Treasure Organic Coconut Oil divided in half
- 2 tablespoons unsulphered unsweetened shredded coconut
- Melt 1 tablespoon of the coconut oil and combine it with all the other ingredients in a bowl. (Reserve the other tablespoon of oil for cooking.) Stir into a consistent dough. Shape the dough into a ball, cover it with plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator for at least one hour to chill. You can make this dough the night before and leave it in the refrigerator overnight if you’re making the flatbread for a party or special occasion.
- Remove dough from the refrigerator and cut it into 6 even portions. Use the heel of your hand to shape each portion into a thin round similar to a tortilla. If the dough sticks to your hands, wipe them with coconut oil. Work each section until it is shaped into a thin circle or oblong, about 1/4-inch thick.
- Place the remaining organic extra virgin coconut oil in a skillet over medium heat. When the pan is hot, put the flatbreads in and cook for approximately 3 minutes on each side or until bread is golden brown. Serve hot.
Serving Tip: Use leftovers (if there are any) to make an easy breakfast sandwich. Pile scrambled eggs, cooked sausage and a sprinkle of cheese on top of a section of flatbread and fold it half for breakfast the go.