Naturally processed coconut flour gives this quick and easy pecan pie crust a healthy boost of protein and fiber that can be our secret. If you love the ease of a graham cracker crust but need to decrease or eliminate gluten from your diet, this gluten-free and vegan crust is the perfect substitute. Feel free to use finely chopped walnuts or almonds if you prefer, but avoid strongly flavored nuts or those with an extra-high fat content such as macadamias which might cause the crust to burn. Fill this tasty pie crust with your favorite no-bake pie filling for an any-day treat. Chocolate cream, strawberry or lemon meringue? The flavor of organic coconut flour is light and nutty and complements all your favorite pie recipes.
Coconut Flour and Pecan Pie Crust
Yield: One 8” pie crust
You will need:
- ¼ cup Coco Treasure Organic Coconut Flour
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped pecans (substitute walnuts or almonds if preferred)
- 2 tablespoons Coco Treasure Organic Coconut Sugar
- 2 tablespoons Coco Treasure Organic Extra Virgin Coconut Oil (for a less “coconuty” flavor, use dairy butter instead
- Combine all of the ingredients in a small bowl. Stir until well combined. Press the mixture into a pie pan. Use the bottom of a glass, a large spoon or the palm of your hand to pack the crust firmly and evenly into the bottom of the pan. Bring the crust up the sides of the pie plate, carefully pressing the mixture into a solid crust.
- Bake in a preheated 350-degree oven for 10 minutes. The crust should be slightly browned and feel somewhat dry to the touch. Place on a rack and cool thoroughly before filling with your favorite pie filling.
- Organic Coconut Flour boosts the fiber content over traditional wheat flour and has the added benefit of not containing any gluten. The high fiber content of our gluten free coconut flour can be our little secret.