Forget about pork chops and applesauce, pork chops with organic coconut jam is about to be your new, well jam. Coco Treasure Organic Coconut Jam is rich in amino acids, high in fiber and has no added fructose. Being low in sugar not only makes coconut jam rate low on the glycemic index, but it also makes it a perfect addition to savory dishes like this one. While it provides the perfect amount of sweetness to baked goods or in your morning oatmeal, coconut jam becomes the perfect background flavor for the strong spices in this recipe. Together they make a slightly sweet, slightly spicy rub that’s a perfect complement for pork or chicken. Yes, try the very same recipe with chicken breasts, yum. For an easy side dish, stir a spoonful of Coco Treasure Certified Organic Extra Virgin Coconut Oil into hot rice and sprinkle with toasted, shaved coconut. The simplest coconut rice ever!
Ingredients for Coconut Jam Pork Chops
Yield: 4 Servings
Coconut Jam Pork Chops
- ¼ cup Coco Treasure Organic Coconut Jam
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 boneless pork chops, thick cut
- Combine all the spices with the coconut jam in a small bowl.
- Pat the pork chops dry with a paper towel. Rub ¼ of the jam and spice mix on each chop, covering both sides. Loosely cover the chops with plastic wrap and allow them to sit out 20-30 minutes or until they reach room temperature.
- Heat the olive oil on medium heat in a large, heavy, oven-safe skillet. When the skillet is hot, add the pork chops. Cook for about 3- 5 minutes on each side or until nicely browned.
- Place skillet in a preheated 350-degree oven. Cook for 8-10 minutes more or until a meat thermometer placed in the thickest part reaches 165°. Let the chops rest for 5-10 minutes before slicing.