This Coconut Oil Pie Crust is another healthy alternative to our Coconut Flour and Pecan Pie Crust. Only four ingredients needed to prepare this flaky, healthy pie crust that is dairy-free. It’s versatile, great to use in place of other commercial or traditional pie crusts.
- Prepare your food processor. Take the bowl and put the sugar, salt, and flour. Pulse for a couple of minutes until well-combined.
- Add the coconut oil and continue pulsing.
- While the processor is running, gradually add cold water until a dough starts to form.
- Roll onto a floured surface and shape into a disk.
- Wrap it using a plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 – 40 minutes.
- Take the dough from the fridge and put again on a floured surface.
- Knead from the center to the edges.
- If you use a rolling pin, be sure to flour it to keep it from sticking.
- Carefully lift the dough and place it onto a pie dish.
- Trim the excess edges.
- Refrigerate while waiting for the pie filling.
Yes, making this Coconut Oil Pie Crust is literally easy as pie. It is so simple, you’d wish you’d discovered it ages ago!