Need a dessert that’s guaranteed to be a crowd pleaser? Look no further, the coconut poke cake is all you need. Refreshing and delicious, it’s perfect for an afternoon tea party or a dinner get-together. And if you haven’t heard of poke cakes, you’ve been missing out.
Making a poke cake requires just an extra step of poking holes into the cake and pouring in a filling of your choice, like condensed milk or chocolate cream. This simple step will make your cake absolutely heavenly as every bite will be rich with flavor.
- 400 ml sweetened condensed milk
- 50 grams Coco Treasure Organic Coconut Oil
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Preheat your oven to 200 degrees
For the dough
- In a big bowl mix coconut oil with eggs and maple syrup, add dark melted chocolate and coconut milk
- In a different bowl mix all dry ingredients together (flour, baking soda, cocoa powder, desiccated coconut
- Start mixing the coconut oil - chocolate mix again and slowly add dry ingredients while mixing
- Bake for 20-30 min (depends on the oven you use. so after 20 min keep an eye on it - you don't want it too dry)
- To know if the cake is ready, use a stick and pierce it into the middle of the cake. when there is no wet dough sticking to it, it’s ready
- Let it cool down and the poke manholes into the cake - you can use a pen, I used my well-cleaned finders to make a bit bigger holes for the caramel. But don't poke all the way through the cake just slightly before you get through
For the caramel
- Heat up the coconut oil in a pan and when it has melted add condensed milk
- Let it simmer on medium heat for about 15 min and stir frequently and well. when it thickens and gets a golden brown color it’s ready and you can pour it onto the baked dough. Let it cool down for about on hour.
meanwhile prepare the cream cheese coconut layer
- In a mixing pot, mix all ingredients together and put in the fridge for 30 min. Then layer it onto the caramel.
- To garnish the cake, use some desiccated coconut or coconut chips and roast them without oil in a pan until they get golden.
Keep your cake in the fridge! It's really refreshing and yummy!