Are your favorite coconut cookies soft and chewy or do you like them crunchy? Don’t answer yet—not until you try our Coconut Thins. These are wafer-thin crisps similar to those frequently served with flan. Both the taste and the texture of Coconut Thins is delicate. All the coconut flavor comes from using organic extra virgin coconut oil and shredded coconut—no artificial flavors or extracts. This is the kind of cookie that goes perfectly with an afternoon cup of coffee or tea. They satisfy the sweet tooth, of course, but they’re not loaded with sugar. In fact, using organic coconut sugar, which rates low on the glycemic index, adds important phytonutrients that help to build a strong immune system. Organic coconut sugar tastes similarly to brown sugar, but its hard crystal structure helps baked goods brown and crisp the same way cane sugar does.
The Best Crispy Coconut Cookies
- ½ cup coconut flour
- ¼ cup Coco Treasure Organic Coconut Sugar
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 2 egg whites, lightly beaten
- 4 tablespoons Coco Treasure Certified Unrefined Coconut Oil, melted
- ¼ cup sweetened, shredded coconut
- Preheat oven to 400° Fahrenheit. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper. These Crispy Coconut Cookies are delicate and will stick easily.
- Sift coconut flour, sugar and salt in a medium-sized bowl. Fold in the beaten egg whites and melted organic extra virgin coconut oil until all ingredients are well incorporated.
- Use a ½ teaspoon measure to scoop batter onto lined sheets. With the back of your measuring spoon, spread the dough out into a circle approximately 2 ½-inches wide. Sprinkle each cookie lightly with shredded coconut. Bake approximately 5 minutes. The edges of the cookies should just begin to turn brown. Remove from oven and place the baking sheets on a cooking rack. Let the cookies cool without disturbing. When completely cool, use a thin metal spatula and your fingers to cool the cookies from the paper.
- Serve with flan, vanilla ice cream or coconut sorbet.