Fresh Coconut Pudding
Of course, you don’t have to work out to deserve a treat! As the saying goes, life is short, eat dessert first.
Don’t let the chore of opening a coconut stop you from trying this recipe. It’s really easier than it seems. Just be sure to purchase a green coconut that already has the tough husk removed from one end. Use a large knife to cut a hole in the white end of the drupe that’s large enough to fit a spoon into. Then you can easily pour out the delicious coconut water, and scoop out the soft fruit with a spoon. Unlike brown, fully mature coconuts, the flesh of a green coconut is soft and rubbery. Once you get the hang of it, you’ll see this fresh coconut pudding is almost as fun to make as it is to eat.
Try a Batch of Fresh Coconut Pudding Tonight!
- 1 cup fresh coconut meat
- ¼ cup coconut water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon Coco Treasure Organic Coconut Nectar
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
Place all ingredients into a high-powered blender and blend until smooth. Taste for sweetness, add more coconut nectar if needed. Chill in freezer up to 10 minutes before serving. That’s it!
Fresh coconut pudding is delicious as is, but for a little variety try adding one of these flavor additions before you blend:
- 1 tablespoon coco powder
- 1 tablespoon juice and 1 teaspoon zest of citrus fruit such as lime, orange or tangerine
- ¼ cup chopped, ripe mango or pineapple
- For a crunchy texture, sprinkle on toasted coconut flakes or chopped macadamia nuts before serving