Holiday foods can tempt anyone off their normal healthy diet, but people with food sensitivities may end up sick if they indulge in a treat. These gluten-free gingerbread cookies are a classic Christmas cookie you can be proud to share at work, with friends or at that cookie swap party your neighbor’s hosting. Get out the gingerbread-man (or lady) cookie cutters and the sprinkles. Our gluten-free version is perfect for decorating. The only thing missing is the gluten.
Make Gluten-Free Gingerbread Cookies for Gifts
- 5 cups blanched almond flour
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon ginger powder
- ½ teaspoon cloves ground
- ½ teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ cup Coco Treasure Organic Coconut Oil melted
- ½ cup Coco Treasure Organic Coconut Nectar Syrup
- ½ cup molasses
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- Combine dry ingredients in a large bowl, stir to mix well. Place wet ingredients, including organic coconut oil, in a separate bowl and combine. Add wet ingredients to dry. Use an electric hand mixer on low to incorporate everything into a smooth batter, about 1 minute of beating.
- Cover with plastic wrap and chill in refrigerator for at least one hour, up to three hours.
- Roll dough between two pieces of parchment paper. Lightly dust the bottom piece of paper with almond flour, flatten dough slightly by hand and dust with more almond flour. Place second piece of parchment paper on top. Roll to ½-inch thick.
- Remove the top sheet of parchment paper. Cut out cookies with cookie cutter. Dip the sharp edges of the cutter in almond flour if the dough gets sticky.
- Carefully transfer cut cookies to a parchment-lined baking sheet with a spatule. Bake in a preheated 350-degree oven for 12-15 minutes or just until the gluten-free gingerbread cookies begin turning golden.
- Let set for about 2 minutes before using a spatula to transfer cookies to a cooling rack. Once completely cool they are ready to decorate. If you want to keep the cookies on the healthy side, use raisins, nuts and seeds for decorations instead of candy sprinkles and frosting.
Gluten-Free Gingerbread Cookies
Amount Per Serving
Calories 1693 Calories from Fat 1179
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 131g 202%
Saturated Fat 38g 190%
Cholesterol 109mg 36%
Sodium 816mg 34%
Potassium 884mg 25%
Total Carbohydrates 109g 36%
Dietary Fiber 21g 84%
Protein 43g 86%
Vitamin A 3.2%
Vitamin C 1.1%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.