Who doesn’t love meatloaf? Rich, savory and comforting, it’s been a family favorite for generations. Our Gluten-Free Meatloaf with Coconut Flour maintains all the best things you love about this dish, including the salty-sweet glazed ketchup on top. But we skip the cracker and cereal crumbs and add gluten-free coconut flour to help bind the loaf without adding grains.
Coconut flour, which is made from dried, ground coconut meat, is high absorbent. Adding two eggs, instead of the usual one, and milk or broth will keep the meatloaf moist. The coconut flour will also help retain the natural juices from the meat. Be sure to let your fully cooked meatloaf set for the suggested time so all those delicious juices don’t run out when you cut that first slice.
- 1 lb ground meat turkey beef, lamb or a combination
- 2 large eggs
- ½ onion diced
- 2 tablespoons Coco Treasure Organic Coconut Flour
- 1 large clove garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons milk substitute vegetable broth if you prefer dairy fee
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- Place all ingredients, except the ketchup, in a large bowl. Combine with your hands—yep, hands are the best tools for making sure all the ingredients get well incorporated into the ground meat. Use care not to over-work the meat or it can get tough.
- Place the mixture in a 9×5 loaf pan, and place in a preheated 350-degree oven.
- Bake for 60 minutes, and top the meatloaf with ketchup. Continue cooking another 30 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 160 degrees F.
- Remove from oven and cool for 5-10 minutes before slicing.
For a creative and nutritious side dish, serve with Roasted Sweet Potatoes.