For a quick snack or easy dessert, prepare some grapefruit meltaways. After all, they are a classic favorite. The use of grapefruit juice instead of lemon is a refreshing update that will wake up your tastebuds. So, the next time you plan to head out for a picnic, consider making this delicious recipe.
Made with coconut oil and organic coconut flour, there’s no doubt that these delicate cookies are healthy and tasty. Not to mention, they are high in fiber and low on the glycemic index. Here’s how you make them:
How to Prepare Grapefruit Meltaways
Yields 12-14 Balls
- 1 ½ cups almond flour
- ⅓ cup Coco Treasure organic coconut flour
- ¼ teaspoon pink Himalayan salt
- 6 tablespoons Coco Treasure organic coconut nectar syrup
- ¼ cup grapefruit juice
- 1 teaspoon grapefruit zest
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- ¼ cup + 1 tablespoon Coco Treasure organic extra virgin coconut oil, *melted
- Add the first three ingredients into a large bowl and stir to mix.
- Next, add the remaining ingredients—except the organic extra virgin coconut oil—into a small bowl and mix.
- Slowly add the wet ingredients to the flour and salt, using an electric mixer. Once the wet and dry ingredients are incorporated, add the melted organic extra virgin coconut oil until the batter is smooth.
- Shape a spoonful of the mixture into a bite-sized ball. If the batter is too runny to shape, refrigerate it for one to two minutes. Roll the melt-aways in shredded coconut.
- Refrigerate for 15-30 minutes or until firm before serving. Keep refrigerated.
*We do not recommend melting organic extra virgin coconut oil by placing it in the microwave. To melt it easily, place the measure amount in a small bowl. Put that bowl in a larger bowl filled with one or two inches of hot water, making sure the water does not spill over into the oil.