As long as you can still grill, it’s still summer. So come on, keep summer alive with this zesty, Thai-inspired grilled chicken with coconut milk marinade. Chicken breasts have a bad reputation for drying out, especially on the grill. We’ve solved that problem by allowing the chicken to marinade for at least 8 hours before cooking. With such a long time to marinade, the meat can soak up not only great flavor, but extra moisture to keep it juicy while grilling. Another great tip for perfectly grilled chicken, is to use a meat thermometer to check doneness. Remove the chicken as soon as it reaches the desired internal temperature. For chicken breasts, the ideal temperature is 170 degrees F.
Spicy, Lemony Grilled Chicken with Coconut Milk Marinade
- 1 stalk lemongrass cleaned and sliced into rounds
- 1 13.5- ounce can coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger
- Zest and juice of 1 lime 1 additional lime cut in wedges for serving
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 3 lbs. boneless-skinless chicken breast
- 1 tablespoon Coco Treasure Organic Coconut Oil
- 1/8 teaspoon chili pepper flakes
- 1 clove garlic minced
- Place lemongrass, coconut milk, ginger, lime zest, lime juice and salt in a 3-qt. glass baking dish or large glass bowl. Stir to mix. Add the chicken, tossing to coat each piece. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate at least 8 hours or overnight.
Heat the grill to approximately 350 degrees. Drain the chicken and discard the marinade. Pat breasts with a paper towel to dry.
- Place chicken on grill and cooked about 10 minutes on each side or until the internal temperature reaches 170 degrees.
- While the chicken is cooking, put the coconut oil, garlic and pepper flakes in a sauce pan and place off-fire to melt. The garlic and pepper flakes will infuse the warm oil with flavor but should not get hot enough to fry.
- Transfer the cooked chicken to a serving platter. Baste with the flavored coconut oil and a squeeze of fresh lime before serving.
Grilled Chicken with Coconut Milk Marinade
Amount Per Serving
Calories 2873 Calories from Fat 1323
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 147g 226%
Saturated Fat 106g 530%
Cholesterol 870mg 290%
Sodium 2808mg 117%
Potassium 6152mg 176%
Total Carbohydrates 80g 27%
Dietary Fiber 9g 36%
Protein 298g 596%
Vitamin A 9.6%
Vitamin C 34.9%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.