Loaded with fiber, protein, and potassium, our Healthy Breakfast Cookies are your perfect grab-and-go breakfast treat. Take note, we won’t be using any flour. We only rely on the bananas, oats, and nut butter for texture. Interesting, huh?
- ¼ cup Coco Treasure Organic Coconut Nectar Syrup
- ½ cup raisins
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 2/3 cup chopped walnuts or almonds
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup creamy nut butter
- 2 pieces ripe bananas mashed
- 2 ¼ cups quick oats
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a baking sheet with a parchment paper.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the vanilla extract, nut butter, coconut nectar syrup, mashed bananas, cinnamon, and salt.
- Slowly add the raisins, chopped nuts, and oats until mixture is smooth.
- Scoop at least ¼ cup of the cookie dough and arrange them onto the baking sheet. Flatten each of them slightly. Because the cookies don’t spread, you can arrange them close to one another.
- Bake the cookies for 15 minutes. Remove from the oven.
- Let them cool before transferring to a cooling rack.
We suggest you make a few batches of these Healthy Breakfast Cookies ahead. That way, whenever you wake up late for work, you can simply pack them up in your lunch box and pair it with a cup of coffee.
Here’s another cookie recipe that makes a satisfying breakfast: Chewy Gluten-Free Cookies.