Loaded Sweet Potato Fries: Southwest Style!
If you’re not a sweet potato fry convert yet, maybe a few nutritional facts will help bring you over to the orange side. Sweet potatoes have fewer calories than white potatoes even though they contain more sugar. They’re high in lots of vitamins, such as A, B5 and B6. In fact, one serving of sweet potato provides an entire day’s worth of vitamin A which is an important antioxidant linked to cancer prevention and anti-aging.
- 3/4 cup crumbled Queso Quesadilla Cheese
- 1/2 cup black beans drained and rinsed
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped cilantro
- Juice of half a lime
- 1 tablespoon sour cream
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3/4 cup diced red or orange bell pepper
- 1/4 cup ripe avocado diced
- 1/4 cup shredded Monterey Jack or Pepper Jack if you like an extra hot kick
- 1 tablespoon diced red onion
When potatoes are almost done cooking, use a spatula to scoop them into a pile at the center of the baking tray.
And then, sprinkle with cheese and return to the oven for 3 to 4 minutes.
Combine the remaining ingredients in a small bowl.
Remove fries from the oven and transfer them to a plate.
Sprinkle bean mixture over the melted cheese and dig in.