This luscious coconut chocolate cake is so yummy it doesn’t need frosting. Adding whole wheat flour to a cake is usually a recipe for a dry, heavy disaster. So what makes this one so good? Organic extra virgin coconut oil adds a velvety layer of moisture that creates a dense, moist texture that’s, well–luscious! It also elevates the flavor of the cocoa for chocolaty, coconutty combination that can’t be beat. And on top of all that, the whole thing takes about five minutes to throw together. And did we mention, it’s also vegan? Life is uncertain, eat dessert first. Especially when it’s coconut chocolate cake.
- 1 cup all-purpose white flour
- ½ cup graham flour or whole wheat flour
- 1 cup Coco Treasure Organic Coconut Sugar
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon Organic Coconut Cider Vinegar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup Coco Treasure Organic Coconut Oil melted
- 1 cup coconut water
- Grease and flour an 8×8 square cake pan or round cake pan. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine all the dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Mix the remaining ingredients together in a separate bowl until well incorporated. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and whisk until the batter is smooth.
- Pour batter into the prepared pan. Bake for 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Cool on a rack for approximately one hour. Cut into brownie-sized squares or wedges and serve. If you want to make a layer cake or place the finished product on a serving dish, allow the cake to cool for an hour then slide a knife around the edge of the pan. Carefully invert the pan onto your serving platter.
Luscious Coconut Chocolate Cake
Amount Per Serving
Calories 1929 Calories from Fat 711
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 79g 122%
Saturated Fat 66g 330%
Sodium 2832mg 118%
Potassium 1388mg 40%
Total Carbohydrates 303g 101%
Dietary Fiber 21g 84%
Protein 28g 56%
Vitamin C 7%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.