Pea and Potato salad is an essential for summer dinners, picnics and potlucks. What’s not to love about a simple mixture of soft potatoes, crunchy celery, sharp onion and creamy mayonnaise? Nothing! But as delicious as this classic is, variations that add fresh vegetables and other healthful ingredients can be even tastier when done right. Our recipe uses organic extra virgin coconut oil instead of heavy mayonnaise to create a light and lively potato salad that just might become the hit of your backyard barbecue. The addition of fresh peas not only makes the salad more visually appealing, the extra vegetables add more nutrition and dietary fiber to this tasty side dish. Serve with all your favorite grilled meats and seafood or top with a handful of walnuts or chopped chicken and serve it over a bed of crisp greens for a complete meal.
Enjoy Our Delicious Pea and Potato Salad!
Yield: 10 – 12 servings
For potato salad you will need:
- 2 lbs. red potatoes, peeled and cubed into 1-inch pieces
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup fresh peas, blanched and drained or frozen peas, thawed
- ⅓ cup Coco Treasure Pure Coconut Oil, melted
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 ½ teaspoons dried dill
- 1 teaspoon pink Himalayan salt
- ¼ cup green onion tops, sliced on bias
- Place prepared potatoes in a large pot and cover with cold water by one inch. Bring to a boil, and add salt after the water boils. Reduce heat and cook approximately 10 minutes or until potatoes are just fork tender but not mushy. Drain thoroughly.
- Combined organic extra virgin coconut oil and seasonings in a large bowl. Place potatoes and the peas into the large bowl, and stir gently until the dressing is evenly distributed over the vegetables. Serve warm or refrigerate. Top with sliced green onions just before serving.
- Try also our Roasted Carrot Soup Recipe.