Before or after a workout, when the kids want a special to drink or anytime you need something a little more thirst quenching than plain water, try coconut water refresher made from simple ingredients you might already have in the pantry. Coconut water is a healthy alternative to soda or chemical-laden sports drinks, but don’t mistake it as a substitute for plain water. It should be regarded more as a fruit juice since that’s what it really is–the juice of the fruit of a coconut tree! Coconut water is super hydrating and doesn’t cause stomach upsets when consumed in large amounts like some sports drinks do. That’s why it’s a favorite among serious athletes who require plenty of hydration after a challenging workout. There are approximately 50 calories in a cup of coconut water, less than half the amount in a cup of apple juice, but drinking too much in a day could add more calories to your diet than you realize. Our coconut refresher uses only 2 cups of coconut water to make nearly 6 servings so it won’t destroy your calorie budget for the day.
Make a Pitcher of Coconut Water Refresher Today
Yield: Approximately 1 ½ quarts
Ingredients you will need:
- 2 cups coconut water
- 3 cups water
- ½ cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 tablespoon Coco Treasure Organic Coconut Nectar Syrup
- 1 tablespoon organic raw honey
- ½ teaspoon pink Himalayan salt
- Place water, organic coconut nectar syrup and honey in a medium-sized saucepan. Warm on medium heat for approximately 5 minutes or until the mixture comes to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer for about 5 minutes or until nectar and honey are completely melted. Stir constantly while heating. Remove from heat and cool.
- Pour coconut water, lime juice and the water-nectar mixture into a pitcher. Stir in salt. Refrigerate until chilled. Serve over ice with a wedge of lime.
You can try also our very own Coconut Rum Drinks for Spring and Summer Recipe.