Summertime, if it’s too hot to cook a big meal, it’s probably too hot to bake dessert. Ice cream is a delicious option when the temperatures soar, but even that sweet treat can get a little tiresome if enjoyed too often. What’s a person to do when their sweet tooth won’t be denied, and baking a cake is out of the question? Our margarita-inspired no-bake dessert will satisfy the need for a sweet-tart, cool and creamy dessert that’s totally chill.
Our version does include a splash of your favorite tequila, but if you prefer an alcohol free dessert, omit the liquor and the lemon extract, and add a tablespoon of fresh lemon juice instead. We suggest making two batches of this no-bake dessert and keeping one in the freezer for a quick treat on a hot, busy night.
Delicious No-bake Dessert for Grownups
Yield: 16 bars
- 1 ½ cups crushed pretzels
- ½ cup Coco Treasure Organic Coconut Oil, melted
- 3 tablespoons Coco Treasure Coconut Sugar
- 16 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup confectioner’s (powdered) sugar
- Juice and zest of one lime (about 1 tablespoon of each). Divide the zest in half
- 1 tablespoon tequila
- ¼ teaspoon lemon extract
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon pink salt
- Line a 9” x 9” baking dish with parchment paper. Leave strips hanging over the edges of the pan for easy lift out later.
- In a large bowl, mix the crushed pretzels, coconut oil and sugar until well combined. Press the mixture into the bottom of the baking dish. Refrigerate for 10 minutes.
- Beat cream cheese and powdered sugar on high in a large bowl with a hand mixer until the mixture is fluffy and light, about 2 minutes. Add half the lime zest and all of the remaining ingredients except the salt. Mix on low for about 30 seconds or until flavorings are well incorporated.
- Spread the mixture evenly over the pretzel crust. Sprinkle the remaining lime zest and the pink salt over the top of the cream cheese filling.
- Place in freezer for about 1 hour or until the mixture is firm. Use the parchment overhang to help lift the bars from the pan. Cut into 16 squares. Store in freezer, allow the bars to thaw up to 5 minutes before serving.