Coconut water drinks have gotten a lot of attention for their ability to replenish electrolytes and rehydrate you after a workout. Some even call them “Mother Nature’s sports drinks.” Coconut water is the liquid inside green coconuts—not to be confused with coconut milk or coconut cream. It is naturally low in calories and contains easily digestible carbohydrates. Because it has no artificial ingredients, pure coconut water is a great option for kids and serious athletes who don’t want to depend on sugary, chemical-laden refreshments. But it is important to remember that coconut water isn’t a substitute for actual water in the diet. It contains about 60 calories per serving which can add up quickly if you don’t pay attention.
Of course these coconut water drinks are all about flavor and refreshment. Calories don’t count when you’re sipping them through a straw, right?
- ½ cup pineapple juice
- 1 cup coconut water
- 1 cup strong brewed tea cooled bottled, homemade or instant but make it bold
Stir ingredients in a pitcher and serve over ice.
Coconut Strawberry Limeade
- ¼ cup Coco Treasure Organic Coconut Sugar
- ½ cup lime juice freshly squeezed
- 2 cups coconut water
- 1 cup fresh strawberries cleaned and rough chopped
- Lime slices
- Place coconut sugar and strawberries in a saucepan over medium heat. Heat until fruit begins to release its juices and the mixture simmers and sugar is melted. Stir constantly while cooking. Remove from heat and chill fruit mixture in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
- Put coconut water, lime juice and chilled strawberries in a blender. Blend for about 30 seconds or until ingredients are well mixed.
- Pour into cocktail glasses filled with ice and garnish with a lime wedge. Enjoy!
Coconut Cucumber Cooler
- 1 cup coconut water
- 1 large cucumber peeled seeded and chopped
- The juice and zest of one lemon
- ¼ cup Italian parsley leaves
- 2 cups frozen pineapple chunks
- 1 tablespoon Coco Treasure Organic Coconut Nectar Syrup
- Place all ingredients in a blender and whir until smooth. Taste for sweetness, and add more coconut nectar syrup if desired.
- Try also another refreshing coconut rum drinks that is perfect for summer and spring.