For this Roasted Veggie Soup with Chorizo, you need not to exert so much effort. All you have to do is prepare the ingredients and get started in cooking. Even with the minimal effort and ingredients, the result is one flavorful soup, you’ll want to serve for dinner again and again. Try our recipe now!
- ¼ cup Coco Treasure Organic Coconut Oil
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ cup chickpeas optional
- 1 piece medium-sized pepper cubed
- 1 piece medium-sized eggplant cubed
- 1 piece medium-sized zucchini cubed
- 1 piece onion sliced
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 cups rutabaga cubed
- 6 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 12 oz. chorizo sausage sliced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
In a wide baking dish, combine the onions, pepper, zucchini, eggplant, chickpeas, and rutabaga. Drizzle with ¾ tablespoon of melted coconut oil. Sprinkle salt and pepper to taste.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Be sure to stir veggies after the first 15 minutes.
- In a large pot, heat the remaining coconut oil over medium heat. Cook the sliced chorizo sausage. Sauté until they turn brown. This should take at least 8 or 10 minutes.
- Pour in the roasted veggies and the chicken broth. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat and simmer for another 10 minutes.
Did you like this recipe? You might also want to try our Roasted Carrot Soup.