No one will be able to resist these slightly crispy, herby, savory roasted Brussels sprouts. They’re the perfect side dish to any weeknight meal and still impressive enough to serve guests. They’re also the perfect dish to serve people who think they don’t like Brussels sprouts. This recipe will make anyone a fan. These aren’t Grandma’s soggy old sprouts! Roasting brings out the natural sweetness of the vegetable and leaves them with a slightly crispy crunch. If you have any leftover—and you probably won’t—toss them into a cold green salad for lunch or dip them into bleu cheese salad dressing for a satisfying snack. They’re just as delicious hot or cold. For the best results, choose sprouts that firm, dark green and not too large. Larger sprouts can be tough inside and may take longer to roast than medium-sized sprouts. Brussels sprouts are often thought as a fall vegetable, but they are available year round in most regions.
Savory Roasted Brussels Sprouts
Yield: 6-8 servings
Ingredients for Roasted Brussels Sprouts:
- 2 lbs. Brussels sprouts (about 8 cups), washed, trimmed, cut in half and dried thoroughly
- ½ cup melted Coco Treasure Unrefined Organic Extra Virgin Coconut Oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Spread the prepared sprouts into a shallow baking sheet, making sure they’re all in a single layer.
- Whisk the melted organic extra virgin coconut oil and seasonings together in a small bowl, and pour the mixture over the vegetables. Toss well, making sure every piece is well coated.
- Roast uncovered for approximately 30 minutes or until the Brussels sprouts are fork tender in the center and turning light brown and crispy on the outside. Stir every 10 minutes or so while cooking.