When summer days bring hot temperatures the last thing anyone wants to do is cook or eat a big meal. Thank goodness for our Strawberry Chicken Salad recipe! There are three reasons why you absolutely must make this a summertime go-to. First, it’s delicious. The sweet and savory mixture of strawberries and spice-rubbed chicken satisfies every taste bud. Second, it’s so quick and easy! The chicken takes less than 10 minutes to make on the stove top, and the whole meal comes together in less than 30 minutes without heating up the kitchen. Third, it’s cheap and fancy! Some meals are inexpensive and some are fancy, but few dishes are both. This salad looks so beautiful on the plate, guests will never guess it was also economical.
Strawberry Chicken Salad for Lunch, Brunch or Weeknight Dinner
- 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon Coco Treasure Organic Coconut Oil
- 1 tablespoon white balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Coco Treasure Organic Coconut Nectar Syrup
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped chive
- ½ plus ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 cups strawberries cleaned hulled and sliced
- 2 4- ounce chicken breasts flattened to form even cutlets
- ¼ teaspoon chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon smoked paprika
- 4 cups fresh mild greens such as spinach or leaf lettuce
- 3 tablespoons chopped walnuts toasted
- ¼ cup feta cheese crumbled
In a medium bowl, whisk together 1 tablespoon of the coconut oil (melted), vinegar, nectar syrup, chive and ¼ teaspoon salt. Add half the berries and toss to coat in the dressing. Let stand while the rest of the dish is prepared.
Heat the remaining coconut oil in a non-stick skillet over medium heat. Sprinkle the remaining salt, the chili powder and paprika evenly onto both sides of each chicken cutlet. Rub the spices into the meat so they stick. Add chicken to the hot pan. Cook about 3 minutes per side or until the juices of the chicken run clear. Remove chicken from heat and let it rest while you prepare the salad.
Divide the greens and remaining strawberries evenly onto 2 plates. Top each salad with one-half of the strawberry-balsamic dressing mixture. Slice the chicken, placing one cutlet on top of each pile of greens.
Sprinkle with the toasted nuts and feta cheese just before serving.