Sweet, crunchy coconut shrimp. The only thing that could make them better is the perfect dipping sauce. If you don’t already have a favorite coconut shrimp recipe, try our Coconut Shrimp with Lime wedges. But this post isn’t about the shrimp; it’s all about the sauce. A dipping sauce can turn shoe leather into a tasty meal, so just imagine what it can do for a platter of succulent shrimp. What makes this coconut shrimp dipping sauce spectacular is its perfect balance of sweet, spicy, savory and tart. For an added bonus, you get to experiment with two amazing Coco Treasure products that you might not yet be familiar with: Organic Coconut Jam and Coconut Cider Vinegar.
Our natural coconut jam is nothing more (or less) than pure coconut nectar cooked down to a thick spread that might remind you a bit of fig jam. Unlike other preserves that are empty calories, substantial coconut jam has all the nutritional benefits of coconut. Delicious? Of course it is. It’s made from our organically grown, hand-picked coconuts.
Coco Treasure Coconut Cider Vinegar is the “champagne of vinegars” because its light, crisp flavor is superior. It is fermented with a special process that protects the seventeen different amino acids present in coconut nectar. And get this, our coconut cider vinegar contains 65 trace minerals in all. Adding these two wholesome and delicious ingredients to your pantry will make simple foods taste like gourmet versions of your “old” recipes.
Make your favorite coconut shrimp even better by pairing them with this easy coconut shrimp dipping sauce recipe.
Sweet and Spicy Coconut Shrimp Dipping Sauce
- Sweet and Spicy Coconut Shrimp Dipping Sauce
- ¼ cup Coco Treasure Organic Coconut Jam
- ¼ Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon Coco Treasure Organic Coconut Cider Vinegar
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- Place all ingredients in a small sauce pan. Cook over medium heat until the marmalade and jam are melted and all the ingredients are well incorporated—approximately 3-5 minutes. Continue stirring while heating. Spoon the dip into a serving bowl and serve warm or room temperature.