Move over hot chocolate, there’s a new hot coconut drink in town. Sometimes a chocolaty, sugary drink is exactly what you want, but other times something a little lighter is in order. Our coconut drink with organic coconut sugar will not only warm your bones, it’s lactose free, low in sugar and provides a dose of healthy, delicious coconut oil. Enjoy this drink at breakfast, as a nutritious snack or snuggle up with a mug before bedtime. The kids will love it with cookies or with popcorn for family movie night. Once you’ve served it the first time, be prepared to make this yummy drink regularly because everyone who tries it will ask for more. Soy, dairy or other types of nut milk can be used, but the light, clean taste of rice milk allows the fruity taste and aroma of coconut to shine through. Since it contains organic extra virgin coconut oil, organic coconut sugar and shredded coconut it is loaded with tropical flavor. What an unexpected treat in a warm drink!
Make this Coconut Drink with Coconut Sugar Tonight
You Will Need
- 1 cup rice milk
- 1 tablespoon shredded, unsulphered coconut
- 1 teaspoon Coco Treasure Organic Coconut Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Coco Treasure's Organic Extra Virgin Coconut Oil
- Dash of cinnamon
- Heat the rice milk, shredded coconut and organic coconut sugar over medium heat in a medium-sized saucepan. Bring to a low boil, stirring frequently to prevent the rice milk from scorching. Once the mixture has come to a boil, reduce the heat to low and simmer until the mixture is heated throughout, about 2-3 minutes. Remove from heat and let stand for 2 minutes. Pour the mixture through a sieve directly into a heated mug. Press the coconut pulp with the back of a spoon to squeeze out the milk.
- Stir in a teaspoon of organic extra virgin coconut oil and top with a dash of cinnamon. Yum!